The professional staff at Hillcrest Hearing & Balance Center is here to serve all of your hearing health care needs. We are committed to working with you towards the goal of improving your quality of life through better hearing. Together we will determine your hearing instrument needs relative to your hearing loss, style preferences, lifestyle and listening requirements. You will also experience properly fitted hearing instruments in your own environment so you can evaluate the benefits.
Included with your purchase:
- 30 day evaluation period
- One year supply of batteries
- Attendance for you and a guest to The Hidden Impact of Hearing Loss, a nationally recognized program
- Repair warranty
- Loss and/or damage warranty
- Dri-Aid kit – a dehumidifier for hearing instruments
- In-office service for the life of your hearing instruments; including cleaning, adjusting, and checking your instruments to maintain maximum performance
A complete hearing evaluation is required by Federal and State law before you can be provided with a hearing instrument. Medical clearance by a physician (in writing) stating that you are a candidate for amplification is also required unless you sign a waiver. If you have been evaluated by one of our physicians, that information becomes part of your medical record and is the only medical clearance needed.
All hearing testing conducted in our offices are performed by licensed Audiologists and Hearing Instrument Specialists. Accurate test results are critical to the selection of the appropriate hearing instrument(s) for your particular needs. If you have been evaluated by another physician, you will need to bring current hearing test results (obtained within the last six months) along with a medical clearance statement from your physician. Also, if you currently wear a hearing instrument please bring it with you.
Your Hearing Consultation
We structure this 1 hour consult appointment to be sure we learn of your hearing needs and concerns. During this first appointment your clinician will also make treatment recommendations. There is no charge or obligation for this professional consultation.
- Your clinician will take time to get to know you and to begin to learn how your hearing loss is affecting your life.
- We will review pre-appointment paperwork with you. These forms are very helpful to determine your motivation for treatment and what type of amplification will best meet your needs.
- We will present our product recommendation to help you hear better. We will also outline what you can expect from wearing hearing aids.
- We hope by the end of your consult you are confident that Hillcrest is the best place for you to pursue your hearing health needs. If so, we will order hearing aids and schedule your fitting appointment.
Your First Hearing Aid Fit Appointment
Your first fitting appointment is a special day!
Approximately 2 weeks after your consult, you will have an hour-long appointment so your clinician can program your new hearing aids to meet your specific needs. It’s important that you have realistic expectations about hearing with your new devices. It may take time and some “hearing rehab” to realize maximum benefit. Your clinician will counsel you and give you helpful hints toward success; and, we will schedule you for a ½ hour progress check in 2 weeks.
Over the next 2 weeks you may have opportunities to use your new hearing aids in a variety of settings. With daily wear of your hearing aids, you should be noticing better hearing. And, we’d like to see you for another progress check. It’s been a month since your first fit and you are now at the end of a routine, 30-day adjustment period.
Your hearing aids come with peace of mind too… It’s important that you keep 6 month clean and check appointments with us to maintain your hearing aids and maximize your benefits of wearing them. We pride ourselves in our commitment to helping you hear better. These progress appointments are at no charge to you.